Over the last two decades, there have been numerous exciting developments in the surgical field of articular cartilage repair. Magnetic resonance imaging plays a critical role in pre-operative surgical planning, through its ability to identify the extent and severity of cartilage lesions. It also plays an important role in post-operative management, by allowing surgeons to noninvasively monitor the morphological status of repaired cartilage tissue.
This book covers recent advances in ultra high field MRI and biochemical MRI techniques such as T2 mapping, delayed gadolinium enhanced MRI of cartilage (dGEMRIC), gagCEST and sodium MRI. It is written by a multidisciplinary team including basic scientists, radiologists, orthopaedic surgeons and biomedical engineers. The volume is an ideal reference guide for musculoskeletal radiologists, basic research scientists, orthopedic surgeons and biomedical engineers etc.
- Surgical Techniques for Knee Joint Repair (William Rossy, Carlos Uquillas and Eric J Strauss)
- Morphological Imaging of Joint Repair (Edwin H G Oei, Stephen J Matzat and Garry E Gold)
- T2 Mapping of Knee Joint Repair (Ligong Wang, Eric J Strauss, Orrin H Sherman, Gregory Chang and Ravinder R Regatte)
- MRI T1? Mapping of Knee Joint Repair (Pia M Jungmann and Xiaojuan Li)
- dGEMRIC Mapping of Knee Joint Repair (Goetz H Welsch, Friedrich F Hennig, Andreas Mauerer and Siegfried Trattnig)
- Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) of Knee Joint Repair (José G Raya and Gregory Chang)
- Chemical Exchange Saturation Transfer Contrast by Glycosaminoglycans and Its Application for Monitoring Knee Joint Repair (Jae-Seung Lee, Ding Xia, Prodromos Parasoglou, Gregory Chang, Alexej Jerschow and Ravinder R Regatte)
- Sodium Imaging of the Knee Joint Repair (Guillaume Madelin, Gregory Chang and Ravinder R Regatte)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Cartilage Repair with a Focus on Subchondral Bone (Gregory Chang, Guillaume Madelin, Ding Xia, Orrin Sherman, Eric Strauss, Laith Jazrawi and Ravinder R Regatte)
- Application of Imaging to Knee Biomechanics and Reconstruction (Peter S Walker and Sally Arno)
- Tissue Engineering Approaches for Knee Joint Repair (Christopher M O'Brien, Joseph R O'Brien and Lijie Grace Zhang)
Readership: Basic scientists from cartilage biology, imaging and tissue engineering; musculoskeletal radiologists; orthopaedic surgeons; biomedical engineers; rheumatologists.