This handbook will provide updated information on nuclear medicine and molecular imaging techniques as well as its clinical applications, including radionuclide therapy, to trainees and practitioners of nuclear medicine, radiology and general medicine.
Updated information on nuclear medicine and molecular imaging are vitally important and useful to both trainees and existing practitioners. Imaging techniques and agents are advancing and changing so rapidly that concise and pertinent information are absolutely necessary and helpful.
It is hoped that this handbook will help readers be better equipped for the utilization of new imaging methods and treatments using radiopharmaceuticals.
- Basic Nuclear Physics and Instrumentation (Jae Sung Lee)
- Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry (Yun-Sang Lee)
- Unexpected Nuclear Scan Findings Due to Radiopharmaceutical, Technical, or Patient-Related Factors (Usha A Joseph, David Q Wan, Asad Nasir, David Brandon, Isis W Gayed and Bruce J Barron)
- Nuclear Medicine in Neurological Disorder (Yu-Keong Kim and Dong-Soo Kim)
- Scintigraphic Imaging of Cerebral Spinal Fluid Flow, Blockage, and Leakage (Franklin C Wong and E Edmund Kim)
- Nuclear Endocrinology (Ho-Young Lee, June-Key Chung and E Edmund Kim)
- Nuclear Cardiac Imaging (Jin-Chul Paeng and Dong-Soo Kim)
- Pulmonary Nuclear Medicine (E Edmund Kim and Franklin Wong)
- Gastrointestinal Nuclear Medicine (Gi-Jeong Cheon and E Edmund Kim)
- Nuclear Imaging of Esophageal, Gastric,and Pancreatic Cancers (Hirofumi Shibata, Ukihide Tateishi and Tomio Inoue)
- Nuclear Urology (Ukihide Tateishi and E Edmund Kim)
- Bone and Joint Nuclear Imaging (Seok-ki Kim)
- Lymphoscintigraphy and Nuclear Venography (E Edmund Kim and Franklin Wong)
- Infection and Inflammation Imaging (So-Won Oh, Ukihide Tateishi,Yu-Kyeong Kim, Jin-Chul Paeng and E Edmund Kim)
- Tumor Imaging (Ukihide Tateishi and E Edmund Kim)
- Receptor-Binding Peptide Imaging (E Edmund Kim and Richard Baum)
- In vivo Molecular Imaging (Keon Wook Kang)
- In Vitro Nuclear Medicine Tests (E Edmund Kim)
- Therapeutic Applications of Radiopharmaceuticals (Franklin C Wong and E Edmund Kim)
Readership: Graduate students & researchers in pathology, immunology, cancer research, cell and molecular biology, and pathologists, nephrologists, endocrinologists, immunologists and oncologists.