Intravitreal Medications and Common Treatment Pathways
Prototype Training Structure
Setting Up a Wetlab
Organising a Dedicated Clean Room
Intravitreal Injection Checklist
Basic Life Support Algorithm
Intravitreal Injections are now standard treatment for various ocular conditions such as age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and retinal vein occlusions. Ophthalmic nurse practitioners and allied health professionals are increasingly becoming invaluable team members for delivering these injections, particularly as the clinical demand increases.
This full-colour handbook details all that a practitioner needs to know about safely performing the procedure. It will also be a useful reference for junior ophthalmic trainees.
- Concise but comprehensive guide to the procedure
- Dedicated chapters on anatomy, imaging (fluorescein angiography, optical coherence tomography, optical coherence tomography angiography and ultra wide-field imaging), common treatment regimes, injection technique and complications
- Introduction to available injection devices
- Advice on setting up a local training scheme and wet lab
- Well-illustrated with both hand drawn illustrations and colour photographs