Introduction of new technologies and their applications to neuroblastoma diagnosis, treatment, and therapy assessment are explained. Role of molecular ghenetics in diagnosis and therapy for neuroblastoma patients is detailed. Molecular detection of minimal residual neuroblastoma is described. Magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy are detailed for diagnosing this solid, extracranial cancer. Targets for therapeutic intervention in neuroblastoma are identified, including targeting multidrug resistance in this cancer. Ornithine decarboxylase and polyamines are novel targets for therapeutic intervention. The effectiveness of chemotherapy with oral irinotecan and temozolomide is explained. The role of transcription factors (GATA) in neuroblastoma pregression is also included.
Table of contents
- 1. Introduction.
- 2. Pediatric cns neuroblastoma: magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy.
- 3. Pediatric neuroblastoma-associated opsoclonus-myoclonus-ataxia syndrome: early diagnosis.
- 4. Neuroblastoma mouse model.
- 5. Orbital metastasis in neuroblastoma patients.
- 6. Pediatric neuroblastoma: molecular detection of minimal residual disease.
- 7. A comprehensive tissue microarray-based fish screen of alk gene in neuroblastomas.
- 8. Neuroblastoma: triptolide therapy.
- 9. Neuroblastoma: ornithine decarboxylase and polyamines are novel targets for therapeutic intervention.
- 10. Neuroblastoma: antibody-based immunotherapy.
- 11. Targeting multidrug resistance in neuroblastoma.
- 12. Neuroblastoma: perspectives for the use of il-21 in immunotherapy.
- 13. Neuroblastoma: role of hypoxia and hypoxia inducible factors in tumor progression.
- 14. Neuroblastoma: role of gata transcription factors.
- 15. Neuroblastoma: role of mycn/bmil pathway in neuroblastoma.
- 16. Neuroblastoma: role of clusterin as a tumor suppressor gene.
- 17. Refractory neuroblastoma cells: statins target atp binding cassette-transporters.
- 18. Neuroblastoma: dosimetry for mibg therapies.
- 19. Advanced neuroblastoma: role of alk mutations.
- 20. Pediatric neuroblastoma: treatment with oral irinotecan and temozolomide.
- 21. Genomic profiling of neuroblastoma tumors- prognostic impact of genomic aberrations.
- 22. Neuroblastoma patients: plasma growth factor mildkine as a prognostic growth factor.
- 23. Pediatric neuroblastoma: role of tgfbi (keratoepithelin).
- 24. Role of bone marrow infiltration detected by sensitive methods in patients with localized neuroblastoma.