Tenets of Craniosynostosis is an essential guide to contemporary craniosynostosis surgery care. It is a comprehensive work that describes fundamental theoretical and clinical concepts behind successful multidisciplinary management of patients with craniosynostosis. Written by experts in the field, the book details the current practices and standards, thereby serving as an important reference resource for pediatric neurosurgeons and plastic and reconstructive faciomaxillary surgeons. It will also be a valuable guide for all neurosurgeons, residents, and fellows working in this area.
- Emphasis on clinical management strategies for craniosynostosis surgeries
- Chapters on the use of 3D print technology for training on craniosynostosis surgeries and geometric corrections
- Detailed explanation of basic subtypes of nonsyndromic craniosynostosis (anterior plagiocephaly, trigonocephaly, brachycephaly, scaphocephaly) along with further description through actual illustrative case studies
- Description of the follow-up management for syndromic craniosynostosis variants requiring midface distractions and Le Fort III osteotomies
- Comprehensive coverage of posterior vault distractions, Chiari in craniosynostosis, and secondary craniosynostosis, along with case studies
- Full-color illustrations and images that facilitate understanding