This new edition has been fully revised to provide trainees with the most up to date information on childbirth and obstetrics techniques.
Divided into twelve sections, the book provides step by step guidance on all aspects of childbirth, from labour ward practice, to the management of normal labour and caesarean section.
The third edition includes new detail on vacuum-assisted delivery and an extended cardiotocography section based on the latest FIGO classification and current analgesic options for labour and delivery.
This comprehensive reference is authored by recognised UK-based experts in the field and features more than 220 illustrations to enhance learning.
1. Antenatal care 2. The Mechanism of Childbirth 3. The Management of Labour 4. Pain Relief in Labour 5. Normal Labour 6. Resuscitation of the Newborn 7. Perineal Repair 8. Common Problems Immediately After Delivery 9. Operative Vaginal Delivery 10. Breech Presentation 11. Delivery of Twins 12. Caesarean Section
- Fully revised, new edition presenting latest knowledge on childbirth and obstetrics techniques
- Includes new information on vacuum-assisted delivery and on cardiotocography practices
- Authoredby UK-basedexperts
- Previousedition (9780723430995) published in 1998
Farook Al-Azzawi MA PhD FRCOG
Consultant Gynaecologist, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, UK
Sophia Webster BMedSci BM BS CertClinEd MRCOG
Lead Consultant for Labour Ward, The Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, UK