This book is a quick reference guide to emergency medicine for clinicians and trainees. Presented as clinical case studies, it is divided over 21 chapters, each covering scenarios in different body systems. Cases are presented in an easy to read format, helping trainees form a diagnosis and quick treatment plan. The final section covers disaster management.
Each case highlights clinical pearls and pitfalls, emphasising the importance of a mis-diagnosis and its legal implications.
Written by a recognised specialist from Chicago Medical School, the practical manual includes nearly 250 photographs, diagrams, tables and charts to enhance learning, as well as further reading suggestions.
- Quick reference guide presenting 101 clinical case studies for emergency medicine clinicians and trainees
- Covers emergencies in all body systems
- Includes chapter on disaster management
- Authored by expert from Chicago Medical School
Table of Contents
1. Head and Neck
4. Pelvic and Urogenital
8. Psychiatric Emergencies
9. Environmental Injuries, Toxicology and Animal Bites
10. Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI)
12. Obstetrics and Gynecology
13. Ear, Nose and Throat Emergencies
15. Trauma in Extremes of Age
16. Infectious Diseases
17. Renal Emergencies
18. Medical Errors
19. Water and Electrolyte Imbalance
20. Ocular Emergencies
21. Disaster Management
Badar M Zaheer MD
Board Certified in Emergency Medicine; Clinical Assistant Professor, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago Medical School, USA