Due to the latest developments in magnetic resonance imaging for the evaluation of liver pathology, a second, completely revised and enlarged edition of this book was felt necessary – despite only three years having elapsed since the first edition.
All chapters from the first edition have been revised and enriched with additional illustrations and information. New chapters have been added covering important and highly relevant topics, among which imaging of pseudolesions, imaging of neoplastic diseases in pediatric subjects, imaging of bile ducts, MR angiography and imaging pre and post liver transplantation.
Particular attention has been paid to the differential use of contrast agents with emphasis placed on the authors’ broad experience of MR imaging of focal liver lesions using different contrast agents. The diverse mechanisms of action of all MR contrast agents applicable for liver imaging are explained in detail and comparative examples are provided.
As was the case with the first edition, this book will prove invaluable to radiologists wishing to further expand or consolidate their routine approach to MR imaging of the liver.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Techniques for MR Liver Imaging:
- Equipment. Imaging Parameters. Normal MR Appearance of the Liver. Parallel Imaging. EPI Planar Imaging. 3D-sequences (VIBE). Vascular Imaging. Appendices: Common Immaging Parameters of MR Machines from Different Vendors for MRI of the Liver.-
- Chapter 2 Contrast agents for MRI of the liver: Introduction. Protocols. Injection schemes for CM. Summary.-
- Chapter 3 Histopathological and Radiologic Classification of Focal Liver Pathologies: Histopathologic Classification of Focal and Diffuse Liver Disease: Benign and Malignant Nodular Hepatocellular Lesions. Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Biliary Tract. Benign non-Epithelial Tumors. Malignant non- Epithelial Tumors. Hepatoblastoma. Tumors-like Lesions. Infectious Disease of the Liver. Parenchymal Disease. Vascular Changes. HIV-associated Liver Diseases. Hepatic Traumatization. Metastases. Infiltration of hte Liver in Hematologic Diseases.- Radiological Classification on MRI.-
- Chapter 4 Imaging of Benign Focal Liver Lesions: Primary Benign Liver Lesions. Secondary Benign Liver Lesions.-
- Chapter 5 Imaging of Malignant Focal Liver Lesions: Primary Malignant Liver Lesions. Secondary Malignant Liver Lesions.-
- Chapter 6 Focal Liver lesions with different Contrast Agents.-
- Chapter 7 Imaging of Diffuse Liver Disease: Fatthy Liver. Inflammatory Disease. Cirrhosis. Iron Overload. Vascular Pathologies.-
- Chapter 8 Liver MRI in Pediatric Subjects.-
- Chapter 9 Imaging of the Liver Post-Surgery and/or Post-Ablative Therapy: Surgical Resection. Radio-Frequency (RF) Ablation. Laser-Induced Interstitial Therapy (LITT). Cryotherapy. Loco-Regional Drug Application.-
- Chapter 10 MRA in Liver Diseases.