This book is on ovulation induction and controlled ovarian stimulation which is an integral part of most infertility therapies like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilization. It would deal with causes of anovulation and indications for ovarian stimulation. This book deals with basics as well as current and advanced practices. It provides a step by step protocol for ovarian stimulation. It gives a clear understanding of the science of reproductive endocrinology behind these stimulation protocols and roadmaps the latest therapies, defining their current relevance to treatment. Besides the practical guidance it also covers latest research work done in this field. In this day of information overload it is an attempt to integrate relevant information in a manner which can be applied in infertility practice in evidence based manner, making it rational, logical and rewarding for the reader.
- Recent advances in ovarian stimulation protocols used in managing infertility
- Written by experts from renowned centres across the globe
- A comprehensive text which deals with diagnosis and management of ovulatory disorders, and explicitly chalks out stimulation protocols for assisted reproductive techniques
- Explanatory flowcharts and diagrams accompany all chapters
- Photographs of surgery and ultrasonography accompanying relevant chapters
Dr. Surveen Ghumman is a senior consultant and vice president operations, research and training at Southend Fertility & IVF in Delhi, India. She has authored and edited six books and contributed chapters to several other contributed volumes in specialties such as obstetrics, gynecology, infertility and reproductive medicine. She is currently the editor in chief of e-bulletin of Indian Fertility Society. Previously she was the editor in chief FOGSI focus 2011 – first trimester pregnancy.