Table of Contents
A broad range of medical and surgical details of pediatric liver disease and liver transplantation
Great progress in molecular biology, therapeutics, imaging as well as surgery have vastly improved the understanding and treatment of childhood liver disorders. In particular, surgical advancements in liver transplantation currently allow for a lower age or weight limit for recipients. Furthermore, the majority of children with liver disease or with liver transplantation today survive well into adulthood.
In this book, world experts in the now established subspecialty of pediatric hepatology provide a comprehensive summary of the latest advances in pathophysiology, molecular diagnostics and treatment strategies. Day-to-day management of liver transplant recipients as well as psychosocial aspects and complications during the challenging transition phase to adulthood are discussed in detail.
This up-to-date overview will be an invaluable tool for trainees in pediatric gastroenterology, a ready reference for busy clinicians and nurses or allied health professionals involved in the care of children with liver disease and after liver transplantation.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- Growing Up with Liver Disease – Psychological Aspects of Paediatric Liver Disease
Boulton, H. ; Bathgate, F.
- Acute Liver Failure in Children and Adolescents
Shanmugam, N.P. ; Bansal, S. ; Dhawan, A.
- Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis in Children
- Biliary Atresia
Hill, R. ; Davenport, M.
- Alagille Syndrome
Mouzaki, M. ; Kamath, B.M.
- Immune Deficiency-Related Liver Disease
- Autoimmune Liver Disease
Mieli-Vergani, G. ; Vergani, D.
- Wilson Disease
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Children
Alisi, A. ; De Vito, R. ; Viggiano, D. ; Morcaldi, L. ; Nobili, V.
- Non-Cirrhotic Portal Hypertension
Yachha, S.K. ; Jagadisan, B.
- Primary Liver Malignancies: Surgical Aspects Including Transplantation
- Viral Hepatitis in Children
Stéphenne, X. ; Sokal, E.
- Non-Viral Infections of the Liver
- Intestinal Failure, Parenteral Nutrition and Liver Disease
- Liver Transplantation
Ciria, R. ; Heaton, N.
- Hepatocyte Transplantation, ‘Omics’ and Gene Therapy in the Management of Liver Diseases
Jitraruch, S. ; Qin, H. ; Hughes, R.D. ; Lehec, S.C. ; Mitry, R.R. ;
- Author Index
- Subject Index