The USP–NF is a combination of two compendia, the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) and the National Formulary (NF). It contains standards for medicines, dosage forms, drug substances, excipients, biologics, compounded preparations, medical devices, dietary supplements, and othertherapeutics. The current version of USP–NF standards deemed official by USP are enforceable by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for medicines manufactured and marketed in the United States. Learn more about the USP–NF and how it is developed.
A new edition with 2016 standards—USP 40–NF 35—becomes official August 1, 2017.
An official Spanish edition is available in print.
What's Inside USP 40–NF 35
Review and search the combined USP and NF index.
- Admissions List. Find out what's new.
- Annotated List. Learn what monographs, general chapters, reagents, and tables are affected by changes.
- Ordering Information
- Technical Services and Account Managers
- Currency Change Request
- Credit Application
- Authorized Distributors
- More than 4,900 monographswithspecificationsforidentity, strength, quality, purity, packaging, and labelingforsubstances and dosageforms. View a sample USP–NF monograph.
- More than300 general chaptersprovidingclear, step-by-stepguidanceforassays, tests, and procedures
- Focus-specific charts and a combinedindexhelpyoufindtheinformationyouneed
- Helpfulsectionsonreagents, indicators, and solutions, plus referencetables
- Includes new General Chapter <800> HazardousDrugs—Handling in HealthcareSettings
Benefits & Applications
The USP–NF offers convenient, comprehensive information for all phases of producing quality prescription, nonprescription, and compounded medicines; excipients; biologics; medical devices; and dietary supplements. It is essential for quality control, quality assurance, regulatory/compendialaffairs, research and development, method development/analytical services, and corporate management. USP–NF monographs and methods can help to
- Ensurecompliancewithrequired U.S. qualitystandards
- Work to world-recognizedstandards of precision and accuracy
- Validate test resultsagainstprovenbenchmarks
- Establish and validate in-house standard operatingprocedures, and specifications
- Expedite new productdevelopment and approvals
A Valuable Reference for
Scientists, professionals, and students working in or with
- Pharmaceuticals—prescription and nonprescriptiondrugs
- Biological and biotechnologyproducts
- Blood and bloodproducts
- Medical devices
- Medical gases
- Medical libraries
- Schools of medicine and pharmacy