- A unique in-depth and comprehensive reference that presents the latest information on all surgically relevant thyroid and parathyroid diseases
- Describes preoperative surgical evaluation, decision making, and operative strategies
- Discusses evolving modern operative techniques such as neuromonitoring and minimally invasive (videoscopic) approaches Written by international authorities
This book is a unique in-depth and comprehensive reference that covers all surgically relevant thyroid and parathyroid diseases and presents the latest information on their management. International authorities discuss operative techniques and treatments in detail and explain the rationales for their favored approaches. The topics of this second edition include the description of surgically relevant pathologies, preoperative surgical evaluation, decision making, and operative strategies for the various thyroid and parathyroid diseases. In addition, experts present the molecular basis for thyroid neoplasia, review the current understanding of the genetics of inherited thyroid and parathyroid diseases, and discuss the management of recurrent and locally invasive thyroid cancer. Evolving modern operative techniques such as neuromonitoring and minimally invasive (videoscopic) approaches to the thyroid and parathyroids are also covered
Content Level » Professional/practitioner
Keywords » Endocrinology - Hyperthyroidism - Hypothyroidism - Thyroid Cancer - Thyroiditis
Related subjects » Surgery
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- History of Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery.
- Embryology and Surgical Anatomy of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands.
- Evaluation of Hyperthyroidism and Hyperthyroid Goiter.
- Diagnostic Imaging of the Thyroid Gland.
- Evaluation of Thyroid Nodes.
- Fine-Needle Aspiration Cytology.
- Molecular Diagnostic with FNA.
- Benign Thyroid Goiter.
- Surgery of Hyperthyroidims.
- Technique of Thyroidectomy.
- Minimally Invasive Techniques in Thyroid Surgery.
- Monitoring in Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery
- An Evidence-Based Balanced Approach.
- Complications in Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery.
- Surgery for Solitary Thyroid Nodule Including Differentiated Thyroid Cancer.
- Central Neck Dissection.
- Modified Radical Neck Dissection.
- Surgery for Medullary Thyroid Cancer.
- Thyroid Lymphoma and Metastatic Lesions to the Thyroid.
- Thyroid Pathology.
- Radioactive Therapy and External Radiotherapy for Thyroid Cancer.
Daniel Oertli, MD, PhD, is Professor of Surgery at the University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland and author of many publications in the field of endocrine surgery, visceral surgery, oncological surgery, surgery of the female breast and general surgery.
Robert Udelsman, MD, M.B.A., F.A.C.S. is Lampman Memorial Professor of Surgery and Oncology, he is Chairman of the Department of Surgery; Chief at the Surgery Servoce at Yale-New Haven Hospital. His surgical specialty is Endocrine Surgery and Surgical Oncology. He holds a Board Certificaiton of the American Board of Surgery,received his medical education at Lafayette College, George Washington University, and Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA. He is a member of various Societies and Reviewer of many international journals.