- Comprehensive: includes more than 10,000 entries with keynotes, in-depth essays and reviews on 43 topic fields
- Visually sumptuous with some 1000 full-color illustrations
- Intelligently structured, accessible and user-friendly: A-Z format, clear, concise language and uniform essay structure provides easy access to content for both experts and newcomers
- Utterly authoritative, with more than 1,000 expert contributors, under the guidance of more than 40 field editors
- Available both in print and as a fully searchable and hyperlinked electronic online edition, making it as convenient as it is exhaustive
Unique in its breadth and detail, this encyclopedia offers a comprehensive and highly readable guide to a complex and fast-expanding field.
The five-volume reference work gathers more than 10,000 entries, including in-depth essays by internationally known experts, and short keynotes explaining essential terms and phrases.
In addition, expert editors contribute detailed introductory chapters to each of 43 topic fields ranging from the fundamentals of neuroscience to fascinating developments in the new, inter-disciplinary fields of Computational Neuroscience and Neurophilosophy.
Some 1,000 multi-color illustrations enhance and expand the writings, making this an unmatchable resource.
What’s more, you don’t have to pull the volumes off the shelves to search for that crucial piece of information. This Major Reference Work is available both in print and as a fully searchable and hyperlinked electronic online edition, making it authoritative and accessible at the same time.
Written for: Scientists in academia and industry, students, teachers; excellent library resource