1. Heart Failure: from research to clinical practice. Md. Shahidul Islam
2. Transition of Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction in Heart Failure. Yasuhiko Sakata, Kanako Tsuji, Kotaro Nochioka, Hiroaki Shimokawa
3. Combination therapy of renin angiotensin system inhibitors and ss-blockers in patients with heart failure. Kotaro Nochioka, Yasuhiko Sakata, Hiroaki Shimokawa
4. Combination of hydralazine and isosorbide-dinitrate in the treatment of patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction. Noemi Nyolczas, Miklos Dekany, Balazs Muk, Barna Szabo
5. The art and science of using diuretics in the treatment of heart failure in diverse clinical settings. Md. Shahidul Islam.
6. Treatment of Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction. Adriana Mihaela Iliesiu, Andreea Simona Hodorogea
7. Circulating biomarkers in heart failure, Alexander E. Berezin
8. Evolving Role of Natriuretic Peptides from Diagnostic Tool to Therapeutic Modality. Ines Pagel-Langenickel
9. The Role of Cardiologists in the Management of Patients with Heart Failure. Vera Maria Avaldi, and Jacopo Lenzi.
10. Optimizing management of heart failure by using echo and natriuretic peptides in the outpatient unit. Frank Lloyd Dini, Gani Bajraktari, Cornelia Zara, Nicola Mumoli, Gian Marco Rosa
11. Physical training and cardiac rehabilitation in heart failure patients. Cesare de Gregorio
12. Advanced Non-invasive Imaging Techniques in Chronic Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathies. Gianluca Di Bella, Fausto Pizzino, Rocco Donato, Dalia Di Nunzio, Cesare de Gregorio.
13. Pathogenesis, Clinical Features and Treatmentof Diabetic Cardiomyopathy. Nuria Alonso, Pedro Moliner, Didac Mauricio
14. Heart failure and kidney disease. Dario Grande, Margherita Ilaria Gioia, Paola Terlizzese, Massimo Iacoviello
15. Dysthyroidism and Chronic Heart Failure: Pathophysiological Mechanisms and Therapeutic Approaches. Caterina Rizzo, Margherita Ilaria Gioia, Giuseppe Parisi, Vincenzo Triggiani, MD , Massimo Iacoviello
16. Management of Bradyarrhythmias in Heart. Failure: A Tailored Approach. Daniele Masarone, Ernesto Ammendola, Anna Rago, Rita Gravino, Gemma Salerno, Marta Rubino, Tommaso Marrazzo, Antonio Molino, Paolo Calabro, Giuseppe Pacileo, Giuseppe Limongelli.
17. Percutaneous Mitral Valve Interventions and Heart Failure. Abhishek Sharma, Sunny Goel, Sahil Agarwal.
18. Left Ventricular Assist Devices - A State of the Art Review. Christina Feldmann, Anamika Chatterjee, Axel Haverich, Jan D. Schmitto.
19. Palliative Care in the Management of Patients with Advanced Heart Failure. Susan E. Lowey.
20. Athlete's heart and left heart disease. Cesare de Gregorio, Dalia Di Nunzio, Gianluca Di Bella
21. Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne-Stokes Breathing in Heart Failure - from research to clinical practice and beyond. K. Terziyski, A. Draganova.
22. The evolution of mHealth solutions for Heart Failure Management. Evanthia E. Tripoliti, Georgia S. Karanasiou, Fanis G. Kalatzis, Katerina K. Naka, Dimitrios I. Fotiadis
23. New insights in cardiac calcium handling and excitation-contraction coupling. Jessica Gambardella, Bruno Trimarco, Guido Iaccarino, Gaetano Santulli.
24. Critical appraisal of multivariable prognostic scores in heart failure: development, validation and clinical utility. Andrea Passantino, Pietro Guida, Giuseppe Parisi, Massimo lacoviello, Domenico Scrutinio.
"Heart Failure: From Research to Clinical Practice" contains chapters that describe the current views on the biological mechanisms, clinical assessment, diagnosis and evidence-based treatments of the condition.
Topics in this volume range from basic research at cell and molecular level to patient care in everyday clinical practice and provide essential background information and analyses of recent advances for a deeper understanding of the issues involved.
With contributions from international experts in their specified fields and are suitable for both beginners and more advanced readers. This volume includes not only the essential information for clinical practice but also the latest information from the contemporary guidelines and the recommendations from leading societies. It also covers ongoing research and puts forward new hypotheses that can be tested in future research. This comprehensive volume will provide a valuable resource for both research students and expert clinicians.