1. Anatomy of the Fracture
2. Radiology of the Fractured Radius
3. Patient–Accident–Fracture Classification of Acute Distal Radius Fractures in Adults
4. Distal Radius Fracture: The Evidence
5. Orthopaedic Treatment: When?
6. Is There a Role for External Fixation with or without Kirschner Wires?
7. Volar Locking Plates: Basic Concepts
8. Intramedullary Devices
9. Mini Approaches
10. Spanning Plates
11. Arthroscopic Management
12. Anterior Rim Fractures
13. Dorsal Rim Distal Radius Fractures with Radiocarpal Fracture-Dislocation
14. Multiplanar Fixation in Severe Articular Fractures
15. Management of Wrist Open Fracture and Bone Defects
16. Radiocarpal Dislocation
17. Common Errors of Volar Plate Fixation
18. Distal Ulna Fractures
19. Distal Radioulnar Joint Instability Associated with Distal Radius Fractures
20. Distal Radius Fracture in the Elderly
21. Extra-articular Malunion
22. Arthroscopic-Guided Osteotomy for Intra-articular Malunion
23. Newer Technologies on Managing Distal Radius Fractures
24. Distal Radius in Children and Growth Disturbances
25. Open Surgery for Chronic Scapholunate Injury
26. Arthroscopic Scapholunate Repair
27. Treatment of Lunotriquetral Injuries
28. Arthroscopic Management of Perilunate Dislocation and Fracture Dislocation
29. Radiocarpal Pain and Stiffness
30. Ulnar Pain and Pronosupination Losses
31. Chronic Distal Radioulnar Joint Instability
A comprehensive summary of the state of the art in the management of fractures of the distal radius and carpal instability
Hand and wrist fractures account for millions of emergency room visits annually. The extraordinary importance of these structures in activities of daily living necessitates great surgical competence in repairing fractures, so as to preserve the vast range of motion and utility of this functional anatomic unit.
The management theory and techniques for these fractures have seen dramatic changes in the last few decades. This new volume brings together all currently established operative techniques for distal radius fractures, explained in detail and highly illustrated, step by step, with a wealth of brilliant figures and diagrams.
- Comprehensive coverage of all types of injury as well as all the evidence-based therapeutic surgical options
- State-of-the-art management of carpal instability, anterior and dorsal rim fractures, radiocarpal dislocation, malunion, and much more
- Includes coverage of ligamentous injuries
- Contributions by numerous world-renowned surgeons
This book is ideal for all surgeons in training in orthopaedic surgery and in plastic surgery, and of benefit to experienced surgeons as well.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.