In diagnostic cardiology, the effectiveness and reliability of state-of-the-art echocardiography is unsurpassed but,-as with all ultrasound examinations-the results are highly operator dependent. The second edition of Boehmeke's Pocket Atlas of Echochardiography is concise and portable, including all the information necessary to perform and read echocardiograms, and to navigate the bewildering number of imaging planes that transect the heart, with ease and confidence.
- More than 400 illustrations, including sharp, clear echocardiograms, corresponding full-color schematic diagrams, and 3-D images. For this new edition, all images showing cardiac disease have been post-processed to make them clearer and in more accurate relation to the explanatory drawings
- Detailed descriptions of all the acoustic windows and imaging planes for every echocardiogram
- A practical overview of the typical patient examination, including imaging and patient positioning
- All cardiac diseases are shown: valvular heart disease, coronary heart disease, cardiomyopathies, prosthetic valves, carditis, septal defects, hypertensive heart diseases, intracardiac masses; depicted in B-mode, M-mode, Doppler and color Doppler
- New to the second edition: nearly 80 videos are now accessible on the Thieme MediaCenter showing normal views and many pathologies in video mode