The overall success and the friendly reception of the first English edition
of the Pocket Atlas of Tongue Diagnosis on the international market shows the
actual need for such a book. The second edition includes updates of illustrations
and corrections throughout the text and presents the full material with an improved
The Pocket Atlas of Tongue Diagnosis presents the connection between the theory of tongue diagnosis and the reality of practice. A brief introduction to the history is followed by anatomical and physiological information. The authors then explain the methodology of tongue diagnosis and the basic techniques and systematic procedures for identifying the manifold individual characteristics of the tongue and its many modifications. Full-color photographs demonstrate a variety of clinical scenarios to help readers develop a holistic approach to diagnosis.
- An in-depth review of the tongue’s most important anatomic and physiologic features
- More than 180 full-color illustrations and high-quality clinical photographs of tongues enhance the text
- Treatment suggestions for using acupuncture, herbs, and nutrition accompany each clinical image
- Medical assessment of 28 case histories with real-life photographs from the author’s practice
- The Second Edition of Pocket Atlas of Tongue Diagnosis is an essential resource for every practitioner or student of Chinese medicine, acupuncture, or complementary medicine.
History and Scientific Basis of Tongue Diagnosis
Typical changes in the Tongue and their Diagnoses
The Course of Illnesses and how they Change the Tongue
Appendices: Food Groups; Medicine Groups according to TCM