With obesity and diabetes assuming alarming epidemic proportions, diet and nutrition are in the spotlight more than ever before. It has never been more important for health care professionals to be well informed, not only about the latest developments, but also about the scientific facts. The Pocket Atlas of Nutrition is an accessible guide to all aspects of nutrition, from basic chemistry to the most recent dietary guidelines.
- More than 150 easy-to-understand, full-color plates
- A comprehensive list of nutrients, including for each its composition, effect, function, occurrence and daily requirements, as well as recommended intake
- An extensive listing of all vitamins, minerals, trace elements as well as non-nutritive substances with their function and interaction
- Accessible discussions of special diets as well as nutritional recommendations for various medical conditions and throughout the life course, e.g. for pregnant women or athletes
- Up-to-date coverage of food-related diseases, including BSE, genetically modified foods, food quality, food allergies, and functional foods.
We are bombarded by new information and claims about nutrition every day. The Pocket Atlas of Nutrition -- concise, practical, and designed for quick reference -- is an ideal basic guide for professionals and interested lay readers alike.