A novelty to the international market both in concept and realization, this
pocket atlas allows the reader to both effectively learn and quickly reference
ear acupuncture points. Clear, simple images accompany concise and "to-the-point"
texts creating an educational tool for the localization of ear acupuncture points.
The resourcefulness of the book is increased by the inclusion of the projection of the body meridians onto the auricle according to Bahr. Besides, "prescriptions" of point combinations according to some indications are included.
New to the second edition:
- 9 new points described (e.g. anger point, shen men point, super omega point)
- 1 new indication (“premenstrual syndrome/menstrual disorders”)
- The most additions are in this same chapter “indications”, where tables have been added for each indication, showing the possible acupuncture points to be treated, including page references to where in the book these points are discussed. This connects the parts about the points and the part about the indications in a very user-friendly manner! Any infos the reader is looking for can be found really quickly.
- New content throughout the book: additional pages in introductory chapter (e.g. inverted embryo), additional text on patient information leaflet and permanent needles, and additional and updated illustrations.
- DVD with the book, additionally showing how the author is applying what is described and explained in the book on patients.
- Laminated chart insert distinguishes YNSA points in color, serves as convenient tool in the clinical setting.
- Users can choose to learn with text, illustrations, algorithms, or live-presentation on the DVD, this book offers averything.
- Foreword by Yamamoto himself, who developed this special technique.
The reader will profit from the extensive international teaching experience of Beate Strittmatter.
Through her former teacher, Frank Bahr, who cooperated directly with Dr.Paul Nogier, she stands in the direct tradition of the founder of Western auriculotherapy.