The nervous system and musculature are affected in nearly all diseases, making accurate diagnosis of specific neurologic conditions especially challenging. Now in a long awaited second edition, this acclaimed Thieme Flexibook elucidates even the most difficult concepts through its clear, compact text and lavish illustrations. Logically organized, packed with essential information and marked by an unparalleled art program, Color Atlas of Neurology, Second Edition is indispensable in the classroom or clinic.
- Covers the entire scope of the field, from anatomy, physiology and structural basics to normal and abnormal nervous system function, neurologic syndromes (e.g., cerebral and spinal disorders, peripheral neuropathies, myopathies) and state-of-the-art diagnostic techniques
- Creates didactic, two-page teaching units by placing lucid text opposite exquisite, fully labeled illustrations ideal for learning and retention
- Includes new sections on the limbic system, vasculature of the cerebellum, spinal fluid, neuroimmunology, neurodegeneration, neurotransmitters, botulismus and more
- Highlights all signs, symptoms, and neurologic disease patterns for quick recognition and identification of disorders
- Provides a comprehensive section of tables for easy access to the most important facts needed in the clinic
Perfect as a current review, refresher or clinical reference, Color Atlas of Neurology, Second Edition makes a major contribution to the field. Medical students and residents will be pleased with its clear, instructive presentation of sophisticated topics, while neurologists, neurosurgeons, primary care physicians, nurses and other medical personnel will find this stunning visual guide essential in daily practice.
Professor Reinhard Rohkamm, MD
Director, Neurological Clinic, Friesland Hospital, Sande, Germany (Author)