This illustrated handbook of toxicology explains and illustrates the effects of substances which change the environment, are hazardous to plants, animals and humans, and can be lethal if handled incorrectly. While the general part introduces the field, the second part describes specifically the effects of different groups of harmful and toxic substances. A glossary presents important information on toxicologically relevant terms, helping in avoiding dangerous confusion of terms.
- Concise and superbly illustrated presentation of thessentials of toxicology containing a wealth of current and longstanding environmental and indoor (home) concerns (e.g., dioxins, ozone, radon, metals, broad array of household toxicants, food additives, etc.)
- Succinct and user-friendly organization and an array of illustrations and diagrams that illuminate the multitude of exposures and toxicological effects on humans, animals, and plants
- Description of the treatment of poisoning
- Offers reasoned, objective risk analysis base on sound scientific principles
- Extensive information on environmental, consumer and health protection increase the book’s practical usefulness
- Coverage of up-to-date topics: biological warfare, modern toxicological methods, threshold values