1. Physiology of Microbubble agents
2. Safety of Microbubble agents
3. Quantitate measurements of Microbubble agents
4. Legal aspects of Microbubble use in children
5. How to set up a CEUS service for children
6. Paediatric focal liver disease - clinical perspective
7. CEUS in focal liver lesions in children
8. CEUS in Paediatric Transplantation
9. Blunt Abdominal Trauma in Children - clinical perspective
10. CEUS in Blunt Abdominal Trauma
11. Vesico-ureteric reflux - clinical perspective
12. Ce VUS - current experience and technique
13. Ce VUS - advanced techniques of CEUS imaging
14. CEUS in the Paediatric Testis
15. Lung CEUS in childhood pneumonia
16. CEUS in Inflammatory bowel disease
17. CEUS in Childhood Oncology
18. CEUS in Neurosurgery
19. Cost effectiveness of CEUS in paediatric practice
This book is a comprehensive guide to the rapidly evolving field of contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) in the child. The uses and interpretation of CEUS are clearly explained with the aid of numerous illustrations. The coverage encompasses both established indications, such as focal liver lesions, abdominal solid organ injury, and vesicoureteral reflux, and a range of newer applications. Extensive information is also provided on microbubble agents and their use in the pediatric age group, as well as on practical aspects of setting up a CEUS service for children.
CEUS is a safe imaging method that is ideal for the young patient and can be used for problem solving in a number of clinical situations. Ultrasound combined with microbubble contrast avoids the ionizing radiation of a CT examination, the use of iodinated contrast, the need for sedation or a general anesthetic, and the complexities of MR imaging. In bringing readers up to date with best practice and the latest innovations in CEUS, this book will be of value for pediatric radiologists, pediatric sonographers/technicians, and pediatricians.
Paul Sidhu is Professor of Imaging Sciences at King's College Hospital, London and a pioneer in CEUS in both adults and children. He is lead author on the Paediatric CEUS Statement issued by EFSUMB, and author of numerous publications in paediatric CEUS. He has over 20 years' experience of using microbubble contrast agents, and has developed many niche areas of contrast applications.
Dr Maria Sellars, Consultant Paediatric Hepatobiliary Radiologist, King's College Hospital, London
Dr Annamaria Deganello, Consultant Paediatric Hepatobiliary Radiologist, King's College Hospital, London