1. Skin anatomy :Lucian Fodor, Dinu Dumitrascu
2. Light tissue interaction:Lucian Fodor,Raluca Sobec
3. IPL safety : Legal issue :Lucian Fodor, Laura Sita
4. Patient selection and treatment protocol :Dinu Dumitrascu, Lucian Fodor
5. Anesthesia for IPL treatments:Ileana Mitre, Calin Mitre
6. Facial Skin Rejuvenation with IPL:Sarah Yagerman, David J Goldberg,
7. How to organize the IPL Treatment room:Lucian Fodor, Luiza Bot
8. Hand and chest Rejuvenation:Laura Sita, Lucian Fodor
9. IPL for hair removal:Yehuda Ullmann, Yeela Ben Naftali
10. Intense Pulsed Light for acne vulgaris Ajay Deshpande
11. Intense Pulsed Light Treatment for Rosacea:Brent Martin, Vineet Mishra, Daniel P. Friedmann
12. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) for Teleangiectasia and Reticular Veins Rachel Shireen Golpanian, Andrew Dorizas and Neil Sadick
13. IPL for portwine stain: Yehuda Ullmann, Ori Samuel Duek
14. Intense pulsed light therapy for Asian skin:Akira Kawada
15. Use of Intense Pulsed Light in the treatment of scars:Hugues Cartier, Patarin Marc, Le Pillouer Prost
16. Recommendations after IPL treatment:Raluca Sobec, Lucian Fodor
17. Other IPL applications:Domenico Piccolo, Dimitra Kostaki, Giuliana Crisman
18. Complications after IPL treatment:Lucian Fodor, Olimpiu Bota
19. How to deal with difficult patient:Olimpiu Bota, Lucian Fodor
This significantly revised second edition provides a practical guide to applications of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) in aesthetic and non-aesthetic field. It features revised chapters focusing on skin anatomy, light tissue interactions and legal issues associated with IPL safety. New topics covered include the use of IPL for rosacea, pigmented lesions, scars and stria distensae. Key points are emphasized through the inclusion of learning objectives at the beginning and review questions at the end of each chapter. Aesthetic Applications of Intense Pulsed Light systematically describes the aesthetic applications of IPL in practice and includes extensive didactic material to assist the trainee looking to develop their knowledge of IPL applications and the experienced practitioner looking for an up-to-date resource on the subject.
Dr. Lucian Fodor is plastic surgeon practicing in Romania. He trained in USA and Israel and got large experience with the IPL technology.
Yehuda Ullmann is Head of the Plastic Surgery Department and Aesthetic Services at Rambam Healthcare Campus in Haifa, Israel. His research interests include increasing viability of autologous fat transplants, lasers and IPL and reconstructive and aesthetic surgery. He is also an internationally acknowledged expert in the use of laser and IPL technologies.