This comprehensive resource covers all aspects of the spine in a single, convenient volume. Developed in partnership with the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and edited by Drs. Eeric Truumees and Heidi Prather, Orthopaedic Knowledge Update®: Spine 6 presents relevant, evidence-based information, discusses its practical application, and provides supporting references, all tailored to the needs of today’s practicing orthopaedists and trainees. Written, edited, and peer-reviewed by more than 90 interdisciplinary contributing authors, it offers a complete guide to the diagnosis, treatment, and management of spinal injuries and disorders, supported by the latest evidence.
- Covers a wide range of topics related to the spine, focusing on proven and promising treatments and approaches for this complex area.
- Provides evidence-based information, reinforced by recent prospective and randomized studies, on biomechanics and surgical techniques, special problems, and controversial topics.
- Reflects an interdisciplinary approach to spine care with contributions from experts in orthopaedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation, anesthesia, radiology, neurology, neurosurgery, rheumatology, and internal medicine.
- Includes sections on Spine Anatomy and Biomechanics, Diagnostics in Spine Care, Medical Management of Spine Disorders, Surgical Management of Degenerative Spine Disorders, Spine Deformity, Trauma, Neoplastic and Inflammatory Conditions, and Special Populations in Spine Care.
- Ideal for general orthopaedists specializing in the spine, as well as residents in training and those studying for boards and recertification examinations.