This comprehensive manual is the perfect resource for use in the classroom, during labs, and in clinical practice for both occupational and physical therapists. Additionally, it is a great reference for those studying to become a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT). The Fabrication Process Manual complements the main text, Orthotic Intervention for the Hand and Upper Extremity: Splinting Principles and Process, and clearly presents step-by-step instructions for the fabrication of the orthoses as well as providing alternative orthotic treatment options. The various orthoses and techniques presented allow the therapist to tailor each orthosis for the specific patient.
- Full-color photographs of actual patients provide hundreds of new clinical examples demonstrating the direct link to clinical practice.
- Larger Format of manual allowing for larger images and patterns.
- Manual is organized by Immobilization, Mobilization, Restriction and Non-articular Orthoses.
- Includes comprehensive step-by-step directions for more than 60 orthoses in addition to dozens more orthosis options included within the Clinical and Expert Pearls.
- Expanded Clinical Pearls and addition of Expert Pearls generously shared by dozens of hand therapy experts from around the world including unique orthotic ideas, tips, and material usage.
- Printable patterns available online to allow for easy accessibility and ability to resize for lab/clinic use.
- Instructional Videos and additional resources for students and instructors available via thePoint.
- eBook available. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.