UNIT 1 Nursing Foundation of Clinical Pharmacology
- Chapter 1 General Principles of Pharmacology
- Chapter 2 Administration of Drugs
- Chapter 3 Making Drug Dosing Safer
- Chapter 4 The Nursing Process
- Chapter 5 Client and Family Teaching
UNIT 2 Drugs Used to Fight Infections
- Chapter 6 Antibacterial Drugs: Sulfonamides
- Chapter 7 Antibacterial Drugs That Disrupt the Bacterial Cell Wall
- Chapter 8 Antibacterial Drugs That Interfere With Protein Synthesis
- Chapter 9 Antibacterial Drugs That Interfere With DNA/RNA Synthesis
- Chapter 10 Antitubercular Drugs
- Chapter 11 Antiviral Drugs
- Chapter 12 Antifungal and Antiparasitic Drugs
UNIT 3 Drugs Used to Manage Pain
- Chapter 13 Nonopioid Analgesics: Salicylates and Nonsalicylates
- Chapter 14 Nonopioid Analgesics: Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) and Migraine Headache Medications
- Chapter 15 Opioid Analgesics and Antagonists
- Chapter 16 Anesthetic Drugs
UNIT 4 Drugs That Affect the Central Nervous System
- Chapter 17 Central Nervous System Stimulants
- Chapter 18 Antidementia Drugs
- Chapter 19 Antianxiety Drugs
- Chapter 20 Sedatives and Hypnotics
- Chapter 21 Antidepressant Drugs
- Chapter 22 Antipsychotic Drugs
UNIT 5 Drugs That Affect the Peripheral Nervous System
- Chapter 23 Adrenergic Drugs
- Chapter 24 Adrenergic Blocking Drugs
- Chapter 25 Cholinergic Drugs
- Chapter 26 Cholinergic Blocking Drugs
UNIT 6 Drugs That Affect the Neuromuscular System
- Chapter 27 Antiparkinson Drugs
- Chapter 28 Antiepileptics
- Chapter 29 Skeletal Muscle, Bone, and Joint Disorder Drugs
UNIT 7 Drugs That Affect the Respiratory System
- Chapter 30 Upper Respiratory System Drugs
- Chapter 31 Lower Respiratory System Drugs
UNIT 8 Drugs That Affect the Cardiovascular System
- Chapter 32 Diuretics
- Chapter 33 Antihyperlipidemic Drugs
- Chapter 34 Antihypertensive Drugs
- Chapter 35 Antianginal and Vasodilating Drugs
- Chapter 36 Anticoagulant and Thrombolytic Drugs
- Chapter 37 Cardiotonic and Antiarrhythmic Drugs
UNIT 9 Drugs That Affect the Gastrointestinal System
- Chapter 38 Upper Gastrointestinal System Drugs
- Chapter 39 Lower Gastrointestinal System Drugs
UNIT 10 Drugs That Affect the Endocrine System
- Chapter 40 Antidiabetic Drugs
- Chapter 41 Pituitary and Adrenocortical Hormones
- Chapter 42 Thyroid and Antithyroid Drugs
- Chapter 43 Male and Female Hormones
- Chapter 44 Uterine Drugs
UNIT 11 Drugs That Affect the Urinary System
- Chapter 45 Menopause and Andropause Drugs
- Chapter 46 Urinary Tract Anti-Infectives and Other Urinary Drugs
UNIT 12 Drugs That Affect the Immune System
- Chapter 47 Vaccines
- Chapter 48 Immunostimulants and Modulators
- Chapter 49 Immune Blockers
UNIT 13 Drugs that Fight Cancer
- Chapter 50 Traditional Chemotherapy
- Chapter 51 Immune Modulating Therapies
UNIT 14 Drugs That Affect Other Body Systems
- Chapter 52 Skin Disorder Topical Drugs
- Chapter 53 Otic and Ophthalmic Preparations
- Chapter 54 Fluids, Electrolytes, and Parenteral Therapy
Help students make the most of the unparalleled clinical pharmacology foundation established in Introductory Clinical Pharmacology, 12th Edition, with this engaging Study Guide. Featuring a wide range of learning tools, this practical companion resource delivers the review and practice opportunities students need to reinforce their knowledge and confidently prepare for the NCLEX®.
This revised edition is updated throughout to reflect the latest clinical practices and perspectives presented in the textbook and integrates a wealth of approachable review questions, application exercises, and realistic clinical scenarios to clarify essential textbook concepts and cultivate students’ critical thinking and clinical judgment capabilities.
Ensure a mastery of essential nursing skills and equip students for success throughout the nursing education continuum with the completeIntroductory Clinical Pharmacology, 12th Edition solution (available for separate purchase):
- Introductory Clinical Pharmacology, 12th Edition
- Study Guide to Accompany Introductory Clinical Pharmacology, 12th Edition
- Lippincott® CoursePoint+ for Introductory Clinical Pharmacology, 12th Edition
- UPDATED! Content reflects the latest clinical insights on the nurse’s role in drug administration and pain management.
- Learning Objectives reinforce essential chapter takeaways at a glance.
- Fill-in-the-Blank questions test students’ recall of important pharmacology concepts and terms.
- Dosage Calculation exercises strengthen math skills and reinforce students’ recall of drug names, typical doses, and routes of administration.
- Matching exercises emphasize important connections between terms, drugs, and adverse reactions.
- Short Answer questions encourage reflection and familiarize students with clinical applications of textbook content.
- Crossword Puzzles make reviewing essential terms, actions, and adverse reactions approachable and engaging.
- Applying Knowledge Case Studies challenge students to apply what they’ve learned to realistic clinical scenarios and hone their critical thinking and clinical judgment skills.
- NCLEX®-style Questions reduce exam anxiety and reinforce key pharmacology concepts students will encounter on their exams.