UNIT 1 Nursing Data Collection, Documentation, and Analysis
- Chapter 1 The Nurse’s Role in Health Assessment
- Chapter 2 Collecting Subjective Data: The Interview and Health History
- Chapter 3 Collecting Objective Data: The Physical Examination
- Chapter 4 Validating and Documenting Data
- Chapter 5 Thinking Critically to Analyze Data to Make Informed Clinical Judgments
UNIT 2 Integrative Holistic Nursing Assessment
- Chapter 6 Assessing Mental Status Including Risk for Substance Abuse
- Chapter 7 Assessing Psychosocial, Cognitive, and Moral Development
- Chapter 8 Assessing General Health Status and Vital Signs
- Chapter 9 Assessing Pain
- Chapter 10 Assessing for Violence
- Chapter 11 Assessing Culture
- Chapter 12 Assessing Spirituality and Religious Practices
- Chapter 13 Assessing Nutritional Status
UNIT 3 Nursing Assessment of Physical Systems
- Chapter 14 Assessing Skin, Hair, and Nails
- Chapter 15 Assessing Head and Neck
- Chapter 16 Assessing Eyes
- Chapter 17 Assessing Ears
- Chapter 18 Assessing Mouth, Throat, Nose, and Sinuses
- Chapter 19 Assessing Thorax and Lungs
- Chapter 20 Assessing Breasts and Lymphatic System
- Chapter 21 Assessing Heart and Neck Vessels
- Chapter 22 Assessing Peripheral Vascular System
- Chapter 23 Assessing Abdomen
- Chapter 24 Assessing Musculoskeletal System
- Chapter 25 Assessing Neurologic System
- Chapter 26 Assessing Male Genitalia and Rectum
- Chapter 27 Assessing Female Genitalia, Anus, and Rectum
- Chapter 28 Pulling It All Together: Integrated Head-To-Toe Assessment
UNIT 4 Nursing Assessment of Special Groups
- Chapter 29 Assessing Childbearing Women
- Chapter 30 Assessing Newborns and Infants
- Chapter 31 Assessing Children and Adolescents
- Chapter 32 Assessing Older Adults
- Chapter 33 Assessing Families
- Chapter 34 Assessing Communities
Appendix A Nursing History Guide
Appendix B Physical Assessment Guide
Appendix C Manual of Collaborative Problems
Clearly written, colorfully designed, and updated with the most current, evidence-based nursing considerations, Health Assessment in Nursing, 7th Edition helps students develop the comprehensive knowledge base and expert nursing assessment skills to confidently perform accurate, timely health assessments in a variety of healthcare settings.
This popular, student-friendly text is known for its innovative 2- and 3-column design and intuitive organization, presenting in-depth assessment information alongside dynamic visuals to make concepts easy to understand. Powerful learning tools in the text and available online further hone students’ data collection capabilities and cultivate the critical thinking skills students need to analyze data and detect client problems.
Reflecting the latest trends and topical issues facing today’s practicing nurses — including opioid use and human trafficking — this 7th Edition equips students with the assessment, documentation, and analytical skills to meet the clinical challenges ahead and ensure successful client outcomes throughout their nursing careers.
Ensure mastery of essential nursing skills and equip students for success throughout the nursing education continuum with the complete Health Assessment in Nursing, 7th Edition solution (available for separate purchase):
- Health Assessment in Nursing, 7th Edition
- Lippincott® CoursePoint+ for Health Assessment in Nursing, 7th Edition
- Nurses’ Handbook of Health Assessment, 10th Edition
- vSim® for Nursing l Health Assessment
- Lippincott® DocuCare
- UPDATED! Content familiarizes students with emerging trends in heath assessment, including opioid use and human trafficking.
- NEW! Biological (Genetic) and Cultural Behavior Variations sections in select chapters describe genetic and cultural differences that may affect structure and function of body systems as well as communication patterns and other behaviors related to health.
- NEW! Nursing Concepts listed at the beginning of each chapter make clear how content applies to Concepts-based curricula.
- UPDATED! Evidence-Based Health Promotion and Disease Prevention boxes equip students with helpful strategies — based on Healthy People 2030 goals — for teaching clients to reduce risk factors for common diseases.
- UPDATED! Abnormal Findings boxes in select chapters contain photos and descriptions to teach which findings need to be referred to a primary care provider for further assessment and diagnosis.
- UPDATED! Assessment Guides acquaint students with essential equipment and techniques.
- UPDATED! Assessment Tools provide questionnaires to help students conduct effective client interviews.
- Colorful, visually engaging design keeps students focused and clarifies assessment concepts.
- Unfolding Case Studies threaded throughout each chapter challenge students to apply assessment concepts to commonly encountered client scenarios.
- Clinical Tips strengthen students’ clinical confidence with helpful real-world insights for effective practice.
- Safety Tips alert students to important considerations for ensuring client safety.
- Older Adult Considerations and Cultural Considerations highlight vital considerations for the care of special populations of varying cultures.