Certified Personal Trainer candidates looking to boost their exam confidence, as well as practicing Personal Trainers who want to take their An essential resource to prepare for the ACSM Certified Personal Trainer examination, ACSM’s Resources for the Personal Trainer, Sixth Edition, provides critical insights for Certified Personal Trainer candidates looking to boost their exam confidence, as well as practicing Personal Trainers who want to take their practice to the next level. This updated edition is fully aligned with the eleventh edition of ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription and equips readers with the latest practices in client screening, exercise program development, and working with special populations.
Published by the American College of Sports Medicine, this top-selling text guides readers from an introduction to the profession and the science behind the field through the building blocks of a successful exercise program and ultimately the establishment of a successful personal training practice. Engaging case studies and study features help ensure the retention for success on the ACSM-CPT exam and provide prospective and practicing Personal Trainers with both the tools and scientific evidence to build safe and effective exercise programs for a variety of clients.
- NEW! Update content aligned with the 11th edition of ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription prepares students to confidently perform the most effective client fitness assessments and create successful resistance training programs.
- UPDATED! Full-color photographs clarify concepts and techniques.
- Chapter objectives keep students focused on the most vital content.
- Case Studies provide essential practice applying concepts to realistic scenarios commonly encountered by Certified Personal Trainers.
- Key Points and chapter summaries reinforce important chapter takeaways.
- Reinforce your understanding of the latest concepts and techniques with new interactive videos.
- eBook available. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.