Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Reflecting the trusted expertise of Dr. John B. West and Dr. Andrew M. Luks, West’s Pulmonary Pathophysiology: The Essentials, Tenth Edition offers accessible explanations of disease processes that affect the respiratory system. This best-selling companion to West’s Respiratory Physiology: The Essentials, 11th Edition, has served generations of students and practitioners who work with respiratory patients, presenting vital knowledge in a concise, straightforward manner that’s easy to understand.
Building on this legacy of success, the tenth edition is updated throughout with the latest clinical perspectives, new images, clinical vignettes, and enhanced USMLE-style review questions to help students excel in today’s changing healthcare practice.
- UPDATED! Clinical Vignettes with open-ended questions demonstrate the real-world application of basic science and strengthen students’ self-assessment.
- UPDATED! Radiographs, CT images, and color histopathologic sections clarify diagnostic and therapeutic approaches.
- UPDATED! USMLE-style multiple-choice questions, with answers, at the end of each chapter reveal areas requiring further study and boost students’ test-taking confidence.
- Clinical features/notes boxes provide efficient, bulleted review for key diseases.
- End-of-chapter Key Concepts reviews reinforce essential chapter information at a glance.
- Appendices provide fast access to symbols, units, and normal values; further readings; and answers to multiple-choice and Clinical Vignette questions.
- Online video lectures, available via YouTube, engage students in the material and clarify challenging textbook concepts.
Lippincott® Connect features:
- Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, including interactive diagrams, video tutorials, flashcards, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
Lippincott® Connect also allows users to create Study Collections to further personalize the study experience. With Study Collections you can:
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.
- John B. West MD, PhD, DSc
Distinguished Professor of Medicine and Physiology
School of Medicine
University of California, San Diego
La Jolla, CA
Andrew M. Luks MD
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Harborview Medical Center