For more than 60 years, Merritt’s Neurology has remained a trusted landmark text in clinical neurology, providing unparalleled guidance on neurologic protocols, treatment guidelines, clinical pathways, therapeutic recommendations, and imaging. The fourteenth edition reflects the state of today’s practice, with fully updated content and timely new sections and chapters. With this edition, Dr. James Noble joins Drs. Elan Louis and Stephan A. Mayer as co-editor, all of whom trained at Columbia University where Dr. H. Houston Merritt wrote the initial editions of this book. Lauded for its comprehensive coverage, colorful and dynamic visual style, readability, and ease of use, this up-to-date reference is ideal for neurologists, primary care physicians, and residents alike.
- Contains more than 150 succinct chapters that offer essential information on signs and symptoms, diagnostic tests, and neurologic disorders of all etiologies.
- Includes a new section on the global burden of neurological disease, coverage of neurological implications of COVID-19, and new chapters covering:
- Sepsis associated encephalopathy
- New treatment modalities of previously incurable disorders, including inherited neuromuscular diseases
- New treatments with improved efficacy and tolerability in acute stroke and multiple sclerosis, among others
- Incorporation of new emerging and established biomarkers into practice
- Helps you quickly navigate the text and easily visualize neurologic topics with a vivid, highly illustrated, full-color format throughout. Many figures and tables have been incorporated throughout the text for quick reference.
- Electronic versions of the book will feature a series of new “Need to Know Neurology” video clips that focus on key take-home messages.
- The textbook can also be bundled with Merritt’s Neurology Board Review, a forthcoming companion book with over 500 sample board review questions and answers.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Elan D. Louis MD, MS
Professor of Neurology
Linda and Mitch Hart Distinguished Chair in Neurology
Chairman, Department of Neurology
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Stephan A. Mayer MD
Director of Neurocritical Care and Emergency Neurological Services
Westchester Medical Center Health Network
Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery
New York Medical College
Valhalla, New York
James M. Noble MD, MS, CPH, FAAN
Associate Professor of Neurology at CUIMC
Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimer’s Disease and the Aging Brain
G.H. Sergievsky Center
Department of Neurology
Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons
New York, New York