Completely updated with the latest advances in imaging technology, this quick-reference manual is the only procedures guide specifically geared to nuclear medicine technologists. A concise, easy-to-read bulleted outline format provides clear, step-by-step instructions for 61 scan procedures, including listings of possible artifacts and problems that may arise during each scan. Detailed anatomic illustrations clarify anatomy and body systems, and Patient History sections enhance students’ patient communication and education capabilities.
- Updated content reflects the latest imaging technology and the most clinically relevant scanning procedures.
- Enhanced design makes key content more accessible.
- Updated suggested readings familiarize you with the latest clinical literature in nuclear medicine technology.
- Concise, bulleted outline format guides students step-by-step through 61 essential scan procedures.
- Detailed anatomic illustrations reinforce students’ understanding of human anatomy and body systems.
- Patient History sections help students ensure effective patient communication before exams and during scanning.
- Extensive quick-reference section provides fast access to conversion tables, radiopharmaceutical dose ranges, pediatric dosing, anatomic drawings, standard drug interventions, lab tests, language translations, thyroid therapy information, billing codes, and reproducible patient history sheets for 20 scans.