Mental Health and Mental Illness
The Delivery of Mental Health Care
Theories of Personality Development
Treatment of Mental Illness
Establishing and Maintaining a Therapeutic Relationship
Dynamics of Anger, Violence, and Crises
Communication in Mental Health Nursing
The Nursing Process in Mental Health Nursing
Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders
Disorders and Issues of Children and Adolescents
Disorders and Issues of the Older Adult
Written specifically for LPN/LVN students, Introductory Mental Health Nursing, 4th Edition , equips you for the challenges of modern mental health nursing with clear, direct, clinically relevant information reflecting the most up-to-date perspectives in the field. This acclaimed text establishes essential groundwork then builds on fundamental concepts to instill a confident understanding of the delivery of mental health care, the nursing process and its relation to mental health, and the management of specific psychiatric disorders to prepare you for success from the classroom to your career.
- Enhanced! Case applications guide you in applying the nursing process to resolve clinical problems.
- Updated! Chapter-ending Student Worksheets reinforce key concepts through fill-in-the-blank, matching, and multiple-choice NCLEX®-style questions.
- At a Glance sections highlight or summarize essential information for stronger recall and retention.
- Just the Facts entries distill critical details for faster, more efficient review.
- Mind Jogger critical thinking questions promote deeper understanding.
- At-A-Glance Senior Focus helps you confidently prepare for the care of older adults or elderly clients.
- Updated terminology helps you ensure the most effective clinical communication.