Developed by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), ACSM’s Foundations of Strength Training and Conditioning, Second Edition offers a comprehensive introduction to the basics of strength training and conditioning essential to develop, implement, and assess training programs. This text focuses on practical applications, empowering students and practitioners to develop, implement, and assess the results of training programs that are designed to optimize strength, power, and athletic performance. Clear, straightforward writing helps students master new concepts with ease, and engaging learning features throughout the text provide the understanding and confidence to apply lessons to clinical practice.
- Myths and Misconceptions boxes debunk popular myths and clarify widespread misconceptions about strength and conditioning.
- Interpreting Research boxes draw attention to important research findings and explain their application to strength and conditioning practice.
- Case Studies throughout the chapters challenge you to evaluate real-world scenarios and devise effective solutions.
- Exercise boxes provide step-by-step instructions for various exercises, as well as Caution! alerts that highlight important safety considerations.
- Sidebars highlight topical points at a glance.
- Review Questions at the end of each chapter test your knowledge and challenge you to apply what you’ve learned.
- eBook available for purchase. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and more.
- Nicholas Ratamess PhD, CSCS*D, FNSCA
Department of Health and Exercise Science, The College of New Jersey, Ewing, NJ
American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)