Ideal as a stand-alone review or as a perfect companion to NMS Surgery, Seventh Edition, this leading casebook for the surgical rotation presents a series of surgical cases that begin with a clinical scenario and progress step by step through the decision-making process of patient management. Concise and portable, NSM Surgery Casebook, Third Edition fits in a lab coat pocket—ideal for review on the wards.
Retaining the structured subject review, practice questions for the USMLE Step 2 exam, and focus on helping students work through clinical cases with a unique “what next” approach to decision making, this third edition offers a new full color design, new study aids, and key updates throughout.
- NEW and updated cases reflect modern surgical practice
- New cross-referencing to NMS Surgery, Seventh Edition, increases alignment between the two resources, making it easier for students to use them together when preparing for rounds or studying for exams.
- Revised Quick Cuts—now boxed to improve the flow of cases—provide at-a-glance summaries of high yield information.
- New Grade “A” Cuts from NMS Surgery cover associations and important sequences in a highly visual way.
- All-new full color radiographic images have been added to make the radiographs easier to read and interpret.
- A unique, case-based surgical review, with case variations, teaches effective surgical approach and allows students to practice real-world clinical decision making and prepare for exams.
- Easy-to-spot Deep Thoughts boxes provide high-yield information in an easily accessible way.
- An extensive illustration program provides opportunities to make patient management decisions based on visual cues.
- eBook available for purchase. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and more