The only handbook to cover both endoscopic and non-endoscopic GI procedures, Handbook of Gastroenterologic Procedures, 5th Edition, has been extensively revised and reorganized to be even more useful as a quick reference in your practice. New editors, 20 new chapters, and a concise, pocket-sized format make it a must-have resource for clinicians involved in any aspect of gastroenterologic procedures.
- Comprehensive yet succinct coverage of all diagnostic and therapeutic GI procedures—both endoscopic and non-endoscopic—in current use for adult and pediatric patients.
- A concise, logically structured format includes indications, contraindications, patient preparation, equipment, technique, post-procedure care, and adverse events.
- New chapters include balloon-assisted enteroscopy, placement of colonic self-expandable metal stents, endoscopic ultrasound-guided biopsies and drainage, endoscopic submucosal dissection, peroral endoscopic myotomy, and management of post-surgical adverse events.
- More than 100 drawings guide you through key steps.
- Appendices provide information on organizing a procedure unit, handling specimens, doses of GI drugs, guidelines for endoscopic screening and surveillance, CPT codes, and more.
Enrich Your Ebook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s),such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook,powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.