The USP–NF is a combination of two compendia, the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) and the National Formulary (NF). It contains standards for medicines, dosage forms, drug substances, excipients, biologics, compounded preparations, medical devices, dietary supplements, and other therapeutics. The current version of USP–NF standards deemed official by USP are enforceable by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for medicines manufactured and marketed in the United States. Learn more about the USP–NF and how it is developed.
Highlights & Features
- More than 4,700 monographs with specifications for identity, strength, quality, purity, packaging, and labeling for substances and dosage forms. View a sample USP–NF monograph.
- More than 270 general chapters providing clear, step-by-step guidance for assays, tests, and procedures
- Focus-specific charts and a combined index help you find the information you need
- Helpful sections on reagents, indicators, and solutions, plus reference tables
SEE WHAT'S NEW & REVISED IN USP 37–NF 32.
- A new edition with 2014 standards—USP 37–NF 32—published on November 1, 2013 in English, and becomes official May 1, 2014. It is available as a one-year subscription in print, online, and USB flash drive formats.
- All formats feature new, streamlined monograph design for new and revised monographs since USP 33–NF 28 Reissue. The new design is being phased into the compendia in stages.
- An official Spanish edition is available in print only (Russian print translation of a previous edition is also available)
Benefits & Applications
The USP–NF offers convenient, comprehensive information for all phases of producing quality prescription, nonprescription, and compounded medicines; excipients; biologics; medical devices; and dietary supplements. It is essential for quality control, quality assurance, regulatory/compendial affairs, research and development, method development/analytical services, and corporate management. USP–NF monographs and methods can help to
· Ensure compliance with required U.S. quality standards
· Work to world-recognized standards of precision and accuracy
· Validate test results against proven benchmarks
· Establish and validate in-house standard operating procedures, and specifications
· Expedite new product development and approvals
A Valuable Reference for
Scientists, professionals, and students working in or with
· Pharmaceuticals—prescription and nonprescription drugs
· Biological and biotechnology products
· Blood and blood products
· Compounded preparations
· Dietary supplements
· Excipients/other drug ingredients
· Medical devices
· Medical gases
· Medical libraries
· Schools of medicine and pharmacy
· Veterinary drugs