An essential resource for all stroke survivors and their families and caregivers.
Updated and expanded new edition of the popular resource written by a stroke survivor who has spent 24 years helping other survivors live life to the fullest potential. After a Stroke: 500 Tips for Living Well is filled with practical tips and support to help you cope with the lifestyle changes that come in the wake of a stroke. This book will show you how to:
- Getthe medical careyouneed
- Become familiar withrobotics and othermoderntoolstohelppreventspasticity and makedailylifeeasier
- Navigate personal relationships as onepartnerbecomes a survivor and another a caregiver
- Incorporatealternative and integrativetherapiesintoyourrecovery
- Connectwithorganizations and outreach centers forstrokepatients
- Getthemostout of home care
- Cutthroughrhetoricwithfrank, candid, and truthfulanswersto "FrequentlyAskedQuestions"
The second edition includes five totally new chapters, and covers the latest in stroke prevention, medical treatment, and rehabilitation to help survivors transition from being a patient toreturning to a life well-lived.