Handbook of Polytrauma Care and Rehabilitation summarizes the most frequent medical and psychological problems encountered by these patients, and offers a roadmap on how to initiate and follow through the continuum of care necessary to achieving positive outcomes. Individual chapters focus on the myriad problems and conditions that polytrauma patients present with, including traumatic injuries (TBI, concussion, SCI, amputation, PTSD, etc.) and other medical and psychological issues such as pain, depression, headache, insomnia, fatigue, alcohol and substance abuse, dizziness, light sensitivity, and work and family issues.
- Handbook of Polytrauma Care and Rehabilitation features:
- First handbook focused on "polytrauma"
- Practical, pocket-sized manual featuring real-world care for the common problems seen
- Easy to read text, with tables, flow diagrams and key points
- Authors work directly with the VA, military and academic sectors in the care of these patients
1. What is Polytrauma?; 2. Accessing the System; 3. Traumatic Brain Injury and Concussion; 4. Amputation; 5. Burns; 6. Spinal Cord Injury; 7. Insomnia; 8. Headache; 9. Dizziness and Poor Balance; 10. Memory Loss; 11. Poor Attention and Concentration; 12. Language Deficits; 13. Irritability and Anger; 14. Depression; 15. Neck Pain; 16. Back Pain; 17. Joint Pain; 18. Tinnitus; 19. Light Sensitivity; 20. Fatigue; 21. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder; 22. Anxiety; 23. Depression; 24. Alcohol and Substance Abuse; 25. Driving Issues; 26. Work Issues; 27. Family Issues; 28. Putting it all Together