Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Pocket Companion Physical Medicine and
Rehabilitation Pocket Companion is an indispensible resource that belongs in
every white coat pocket.
Features of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Pocket Companion Include:
• Conciseness and Clinical Orientation: Presents only the key information
needed for optimal case management
• Comprehensive coverage: All major topics in the field of PM&R are represented
• Consistent approach: Brief text and bulleted format makes information easy to find
• Order sets provided for most areas to drive clinical care
• Medication specifics: Covers medications with specific dosages
• Appendix collects key scales, tables, and algorithms for immediate access
Foreword; I. Introduction: 1. What is Physiatry; 2. Rehabilitation Documentation;
3. Outpatient Rehabilitation: Clinics and Practice; 4. Nursing Home care and
Rehabilitation/SAR; II. The PM&R Team; 5. Physical Therapy and Occupational
Therapy; 6. Speech, Language Pathology; 7. Rehabilitation Psychology; 8. Rehabilitation
Nursing; III. Rehabilitation Topics: 9. Anti-coagulation/VTE 10. Assistive Technologies;
11. Bladder Management; 12. Neurogenic Bowel Management; 13. Burn Injuries Rehabilitation;
14. Cancer Rehabilitation; 15. Cardiac Rehabilitation; 16. Geriatric Rehabilitation;
17. Orthopedic Rehabilitation; 18. Pain Management; 19. Prosthetics/Orthotics
and Amputee Care; 20. Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation; 21. Stroke Rehabilitation
22. Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation with Order Set; 23. Wheelchair Prescriptions;
24. Wound Care; 25. Osteopathic Medicine in Musculoskeletal conditions; IV.
Appendices: PM&R Resident's Survival Guide (in); Websites of Interest; Glasgow
Coma Scale (in); Rancho Los Amigos Scale (in); Sedation Scales; Brain Injury
Scales; Pain Management Medications; EMG tables; FIM instrument; Muscles and
Innervation Table; ASIA Scale Form; Common Entrapment Syndromes; NIH Stroke
Scale (in); MMSE (in); Sample Pain Procedure Template; Sample Billing Form;
Ashworth Scale; Autonomic Dysreflexia Algorithm; Spasticity: Management of Medications
Table; Spasticity: Botulinum Toxins; Swallowing Screening?; Rehabilitation Admission
Decision-making Process Algorithm
About the Authors
Marlis Gonzalez-Fernandez, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor, The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Jarrod David Friedman, MD, Pain Management Physician, Boca Raton, Florida.