The second edition of this best selling Manual has been thoroughly revised and updated under the direction of the new editorial team of John Williams and Alison Moores. Topics covered include wound healing, decision-making in closure, axial pattern flaps and pedicled muscle flaps. In addition, the Manual features case studies and step-by-step operative techniques. Specially commissioned illustrations accompany the chapters.
Table of contents
1. The biology of wound healing (Giselle Hosgood).
2. Wound aetiology and classification (Juliet Pope).
3. Decision-making in wound closure (John Williams).
4. Management of open wounds (Davina Anderson).
5. Surgical drains in wound management and reconstructive surgery (Jane Ladlow).
6. Tension-relieving techniques and local skin flaps (Philipp Mayhew).
7. Axial pattern flap (Alison Moores).
8. Free skin grafting (Richard A.S. White).
9. Pedicled muscle flaps (Stephen Baines).
10. Microsurgery (David Fowler and John Williams).
11. Special considerations in wound management (Jacqui D. Niles).
12. Complications of wound healing (Ed Friend).