The BSAVA Manual of Rodents and Ferrets is a new title to the BSAVA range. The Manual is split into two distinct sections: the first part is dedicated to rodents covering biology, husbandry and clinical techniques, as well as the diseases particular to these animals. The second part of the Manual is devoted to ferrets and discusses biology, husbandry and clinical techniques, and diseases by body system. Coverage includes main disease conditions as well as medicine and surgery. The straightforward and clinical approach ensures that veterinarians in practice will find it useful as a general reference text.
Table of contents
1. Rodents: biology and husbandry (Emma Keeble).
2. Rodents: physical examination and emergency care (Marla Lichtenberger and Michelle G. Hawkins).
3. Rodents: diagnostic imaging (Allison Zwingenberger and Sam Silverman).
4. Rodents: clinical pathology (Petra Wesche).
5. Rodents: therapeutics (Ricardo de Matos).
6. Rodents: anaesthesia and analgesia (Claire Richardson and Paul Flecknell).
7. Rodents: soft tissue surgery (R. Avery Bennett).
8. Rodents: dentistry (Vladimir Jekl).
9. Rodents: biology, husbandry and clinical techniques in more unusual pet species (Cathy A. Johnson-Delaney).
10. Rodents: dermatoses (Lesa Longley).
11. Rodents: digestive system disorders (Michelle L. Ward).
12. Rodents: respiratory and cardiovascular system disorders (Gidona Goodman).
13. Rodents: urogenital and reproductive system disorders (Heidi Hoefer and La’Toya Latney).
14. Rodents: neurological and musculoskeletal disorders (Simon Hollamby).
15. Rodents: ophthalmology (Fabiano Montiani-Ferreira).
16. Rodents: neoplastic and endocrine diseases (Hannah Orr).
17. Ferrets: biology and husbandry (John Chitty).
18. Ferrets: physical examination and emergency care (John Chitty).
19. Ferrets: diagnostic imaging (Simon J. Girling).
20. Ferrets: clinical pathology (Angela Lennox).
21. Ferrets: therapeutics (James Morrisey).
22. Ferrets: anaesthesia and analgesia (Cathy A. Johnson-Delaney).
23. Ferrets: common surgical procedures (Vittorio Capello).
24. Ferrets: dermatoses (Anna Meredith).
25. Ferrets: digestive system disorders (Cathy A. Johnson-Delaney).
26. Ferrets: cardiovascular and respiratory system disorders (Connie Orcutt and Rebecca Malakoff).
27. Ferrets: urogenital and reproductive system disorders (Peter G. Fisher).
28. Ferrets: nervous and musculoskeletal disorders (William Lewis).
29. Ferrets: ophthalmology (Fabiano Montiani-Ferreira).
30. Ferrets: endocrine and neoplastic diseases (Nico J. Shoemaker).
31. Ferrets: systemic viral disease (Anna Meredith).