Until now there has been no anatomy book designed specifically for the interests of physiotherapy students. It is essential that they can study from a textbook which is well written, clear, concise and easy to use. With this book Dr Singh explains and illustrates everything that a student physiotherapist needs to know, as well as providing an introduction to common diseases that affect different organs of the body.
The appendices to the book also provide an aid to further learning, in the form of atlases of important parts of the body. The text is accompanied by over 400 illustrations to facilitate and enhance understanding.
- Part 1: Introduction to the Human Body Learning the Language of Medicine * A Brief Intro to Bones Joints & Muscles of the Body * A Brief Intro to Organ Systems of the Body * Intro to Body Functions
- Part 2: Cells and Tissues of the Body Cell Structure * Epithelia and Glands * Connective Tissue, Ligaments and Tendons * Cartilage, Bone and Joints * Muscle * Nervous Tissue * Skin and Appendages * Blood.
- Part 3: Brief Consideration of Organ Systems Alimentary Canal, Liver and Pancreas, Nutrition and Digestion * Respiratory System * Cardiovascular System * Urinary System * Reproductive System * Lymphoid Tissues and Immunity * Endocrine Glands * The Nervous System * The Special Senses
- Part 4: The Upper Extremity Bones of the Upper Extremity * Joints of the Upper Extremity * Muscles of the Upper Extremity * Nerves of the Upper Extremity * Blood Supply of the Upper Extremity
- Part 5: The Lower Extremity Bones of the Lower Extremity * Joints of the Lower Extremity * Muscles of the Lower Extremity * Nerves of the Lower Extremity * Blood Supply of the Lower Extremity
- Part 6: The Trunk Bones of the Trunk * Joints of the Trunk * Muscles of the Trunk * Nerves of the Trunk * Blood Supply of the Trunk