This book is an essential resource for all professionals involved in nutrition support for the adult patient. It provides in-depth knowledge of the core science (why) and core practical (how to) nutrition support principles for the adult patient, in alignment with the contemporary format of problem-based learning. To effectively engage the reader in this type of active learning, each chapter provides evidence-based, didactic background information that is supported by practical clinical scenarios. In addition, the Core Curriculum includes a number of organizational features that allow readers to rapidly retrieve information on their specific educational goals while maximizing their learning experience on core subject matter. Case-studies and extensive reviews of enteral and parenteral nutrition therapies provide the latest best practices, making this publication a valuable practice-oriented professional resource and certification study tool.
Key features include:
- 40 chapters with numerous figures and tables and extended index
- Contributions from leading experts in nutrition, medicine, surgery, nursing and ethics practice
- New chapters on pre- and probiotics, dietary supplements and the older adult
- Core background information supported by practical clinical scenarios
- "Test Your Knowledge" questions and answers to help readers with their learning objectives