"Its wider appeal for the novice or junior practising electrophysiologist is its descriptions and diagrams detailing electrode positioning and examples of typical, expected waveforms. It is for this reason that I might find myself with this book at the bedside, especially for some of those more obscure cutaneous sensory nerves..." -- Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry.
Now, for the first time, practitioners have access to a huge database of normal values, developed using the most modern scientific protocols, for virtually any patient population! Normal ranges take into account age, sex, height and body mass index for a wide range of demographic groups to provide a complete set of reliable values for everyday clinical practice. For each nerve fiber, the author provides the nerve root level, the peripheral nerve level, and the plexus pathway. In addition, for the most common studies performed, normal ranges are provided for onset latency, amplitude, area, duration of the wave, and nerve conduction velocity across various segments.
Other benefits of this outstanding book:
- Provides helpful hints for performing each study
- Covers the latest, most up-to-date techniques for conducting nerve sensory tests
- Codifies the acceptable differences in latency, amplitude, nerve conduction velocity, etc.between nerves of the same or opposite limbs, allowing for a more precise diagnosis
- Provides precise written descriptions as well as schematic depiction of electrode placements
- Includes typical waveform appearance for the most common studies
- Offers a concise list of references and suggested readings for each study
- Includes advantages and pitfalls of alternative techniques
For determining normal reference values for any patient, or for review of a specific nerve conduction technique, this book is unrivaled.
- Upper Extremity/Cervical Plexus/Brachial Plexus Motor Studies
- Upper Extremity Sensory and Mixed Studies
- Lower Extremity Motor Studies
- Lower Extremity Sensory and Mixed Studies
- Cranial Nerves
- Root Stimulation
- Other Studies of Interest