About this book
* Uniquely combines both operative day case urology and diagnostic urology
* A quick reference for common urologic procedures
* A handy reference guide for all urologists - whether in the UK, Europe or the US - who find themselves doing 'office' based urology work, i.e. diagnostic work and minor surgical procedures irrespective of what training program they followed
Combining both operative day case urology and diagnostic urology into a practical and comprehensive summary of the most common ‘day case’ urological procedures, The Handbook of Office Urological Procedures is a concise and relevant guide for urological residents, consultants, general practitioners with special interest in urology and nurses, written by leading international experts in the field.
This book provides a handy reference guide for all qualified urologists across the world, who find themselves doing more office-based urology work, such as diagnostic testing and minor surgical procedures. With the increased emphasis on this type of practice, outlining common test protocol as well as short-stay surgery, this title offers the latest information and advice of the current climate in urology.
Covering a wide spectrum of topics, in a format that charts each case from diagnosis through to suggested out-patient care, this work is ideal as both a learning tool for aspiring urologists, as well as a useful reference guide for experienced practitioners.
Key issues which are covered include:
- Cystoscopy (flexible and rigid)
- Suprapubic catheterization
- Transrectal ultrasound scan and biopsy
- Urethral dilation
Table of contents
Bladder.- Urodynamics.- Cystoscopy (flexible and rigid) .- Suprapubic catheterisation.- Cystodiathermy.- Prostate.- Transrectal ultrasound scan and biopsy.- Kidneys and ureters.- Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy.- Insertion of double J stent.- Inguinal region.- Herniotomy.- Herniorrhaphy.- Urethra.- Urethral dilation.- Injectables.
Medical students on surgical rotations, residents and senior house officers
in urology, surgical trainees, surgical senior house officers, specialist registrars
in urology, consultant urologists
* day case
* diagnostic urology
* operative day case urology