The Handbook General Surgery provides the advanced core knowledge for general surgery, as well as the latest opinions on management of general surgery and a comprehensive review on the latest evidence on general surgery. The book is aptly divided into a systems based approach to learning, with each section covering the basics in anatomy, physiology, presentation of the patient, and subsequently goes onto discuss the pathology and disease management.
It is an essential revision handbook for examinations in general surgery, covering the world-wide advanced surgical exam (specialty exam) – Including:
- UK FRCS examination
- the American General Surgery Board exam - ABS In-Training Examination (ABSITE) - American Board of Surgery
- Australian FRACS
Each chapter of the book is authored by at least two specialists in their respective field from varying international backgrounds.
- SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR GENERAL SURGERY
- HEAD INJURIES & TRAUMA
- BASIC PRINCIPLES OF SURGICAL ONCOLOGY
- BREAST SURGERY
- ENDOCRINE SURGERY
- VASCULAR SURGERY
- COLORECTAL SURGERY
- UPPER GI SURGERY
- HEPATOBILLARY DISEASE
- SURGICAL TRANSPLANTATION (XTP)
- CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE FOR GENERAL SURGEONS
- PEADIATRIC SURGERY FOR GENERAL SURGEONS
- SKIN CANCER & OTHER CANCER
- MEDICAL STATISTICS & HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
Peng H. Tan MBBS, MRCS, MSc, PhD, MD
Dr. Tan is currently Clinical Lecturer in General Surgery, University of Oxford; Specialist Registrar in Surgery, Oxford Deanery & NHS Trusts, and Specialist Registrar in Breast Surgery Imperial Healthcare NHS Trust. He is also a Deanery Trainee Representative and Teaching Committee member at Oxford School of Surgery.
Christopher L.H. Chan, BSc, MBBS, FRCS, PhD
Dr. Chan is currently a Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant Surgeon at the Centre for Academic Surgery, Barts and the London NHS Trust