A starting point or 'how-to' reference for studying the mitral valve with transesophageal echocardiography, Mitral Valve Transesophageal Echocardiography is also a highly useful resource for diagnostic examples of mitral pathology for physicians who practice transesophageal echocardiography.
Written by the world¿s expert on transesophageal echocardiography, key features include:
- coverage of normal mitral valve structure and function, followed by abnormalities of structure and function
- evaluation of prostheses, interventional cardiology techniques and intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography
- a concise explanation of measurements of cardiac chamber sizes, function and Doppler for transesophageal echocardiographic applications
- transesophageal echocardiographic images juxtaposed with correlative anatomic specimens to provide a clear understanding of normal and abnormal mitral valve anatomy.
Based on the definitive atlas by St John Sutton and Maniet, Mitral Valve Transesophageal Echocardiography is a one-of-a-kind text dedicated to an important diagnostic technology, which will undoubtedly prove essential for all those working in the echo lab, whether imaging or reporting, as well as those clinicians referring patients for echo tests.
- 1. Normal Anatomy, Normal Transesophageal Echocardiography and Normal Doppler
- 2. Mitral Stenosis
- 3. Mitral Regurgitation
- 4. Mitral Valve Endocarditis
- 5. Congenital Mitral Valve
- 6. Mitral Valve Repair
- 7. Mitral Valve Prostheses