The advent of laparoscopy has heralded a new era in vaginal surgery, but it has not been without its problems and risks. This text guides surgeons through many of the core techniques in vaginal surgery and highlights situations where taking a joint laparoscopic vaginal approach can be most beneficial to the patient.
Each operation is described in full detail and the figures illustrate each surgical step of the operation with legends to clarify the surgical procedures as the reader progresses from one figure to the next.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Anatomy
- 3. Instruments
- 4. Perioperative Care
- 5. Surgery of the Cervix: Conization
- 6. Colpotomy
- 7. Vaginal Hysterectomy
- 8. Genital Prolapse
- 9. Vesico- and Rectovaginal Fistulas
- 10. Vaginal Surgery in Obstetrics
- 11. Laparoscopic Assistance for Vaginal Surgery
- 12. Laparoscopic Vaginal Radical Hysterectomy
- 13. Laparoscopic Vaginal Radical Trachelectomy
- 14. Laparoscopic Vaginal Colpoplasty or Colpopoiesis