Using a strong evidence based approach the authors, who are heart failure specialists, aim to present a detailed overview of the syndrome of heart failure. They include the causes, pathophysiology, investigation, diagnosis and treatment (pharmacological and non-pharmacological) of heart failure with emphasis on recently-published evidence. The book is fully illustrated throughout using colour photographs, radiographic images, electrocardiograms and echocardiograms.
This book will be of interest to cardiologists and general physicians in training, general practitioners, cardiac technicians and nurses, and medical students.
- Clinical Features
- Drugs Affecting the Renin-Agiotensin-Aldosterone System & Diuretics
- Beta blockers and Inotropes
- Other Vasodilators: Nitrates & Calcium Channel Blockers
- Antiarrhythmic and Antithrombotic Therapy in Heart Failure
- Non Pharmacological Therapies for Heart Failure
- Heart Failure in Primary Care
- The Future of Heart Failure Management