Comprehensive Intervention for Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders describes an early intervention program for children with communication disorders such as specific language impairment, developmental verbal dyspraxia, pervasive developmental disorder, and autism spectrum disorder. The program provides multidisciplinary intervention to children, in the age range of 0-6 years, with the goal of integrating them into regular school by the school entry age of 6 years.
This subset of the complete program focuses on preschool age children (3-6) and contains six intervention manuals for preschoolers that target skill building in children across the domains of motor skills (gross, fine and activities of daily living), communication (receptive and expressive language as well as Alternate and Augmentative Communication) and cognitive, social and emotional development. Lesson plans for each skill are described with clear targets, materials required and simple instructions along with illustrations. An additional program manual with checklists describes this process, the underlying rationale and what the program is all about.
This 6 book set includes:
- Comprehensive Intervention for Children with Developmental Delays: Program Manual and Checklists
- Intervention Manual for Prerequisite Learning Skills: Practical Strategies
- Intervention for Preschoolers with Cognitive, Social, and Emotional Delays: Practical Strategies
- Intervention for Preschoolers using Augmentative and Alternative Communication: Practical Strategies
- Intervention for Preschoolers with Gross and Fine Motor Delays: Practical Strategies
- Intervention for Preschoolers with Communication Delays: Practical Strategies